Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 6 already?

Yeesh, that means we're 1/10 of the way through the challenge! Appropriately, I've lost a pound (woot woot!) so I guess I'm on track.


I walked the last two days and kept my calories under 1800. I'm finding the main challenges are:

1. Remembering to take my Alli. (You can take it up to an hour afterward. I tend to remember around 1.5 hrs later. So now I try to take it right before I start to eat.)

2. Making myself leave the computer (work/blog) and go get to my walk. But I'm finding the walk itself very nice. Energetic, but not completely draining. Yesterday, I walked for 22 minutes, so I may just make my way up to 30 at some point. Who knows?


How's everyone else doing?

Frankly, maybe I've been disabled too long, but I'm a little concerned about Brad and Dave's weight loss goals. 2 lbs/week is tenable, if somewhat difficult -- so long as Dave doesn't slip at ALL he could do it. Plus you men have your annoyingly high metabolisms. You sneeze and lose weight. Bastards.

But Brad, 30 lbs in 8 weeks is a lot to work for. Clearly you have some good impetus -- you have a son to go hiking with. I guess I'm just wondering what your overall plan is. I'm not saying you can't do it. I am just curious how you're going about it.


I definitely would like to lose AT LEAST 25 lbs, but given my obvious restrictions, I had to shoot for 10 lbs for now. And after this, I'll try to do another 10, I suppose.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have lost 3.5 pounds. I think if I can keep that up I will do fine. I am sure most of that is from eating less salty foods, and water weight. I did great with my eating, and only exercised twice but had two really good hikes. I am going to try and hit the trails 4 times this next week.

    YAY Alpha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do it by being strict with my calorie intake during the week. Minimal lite salt, no added sugar. Steamed meat and veggies as much as possible. I am allowing myself to eat a free meal on saturdays, meaning pretty much anything I want within reason of course. Tonight I had chinese. mmm.

    I have usually averaged 50 pounds every 3 months any other time I have been successful. I have gone up and down as I have smoked and quit many times. Now it is for good, so now I must attack the weight. I need to lose 50 pounds by September 4th, when I am scheduled to speak to a ladies college.

    Most I have ever lost: In 1999 I lost 150 pounds in 9 months eating healthy and exercising. At that time I weighed 335. WOW!

    I so need to do this! Ultimate goal: 85 pounds

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.