There's only a couple of weeks (total) each year in Seattle where you need air conditioning. But those weeks SUCK.
This appears to be one of those weeks. So, by the end of the week, expect there to be a picture of a little puddle of goo and an arrow pointing to it saying "Abby." Do you think melting would mean weight loss?
Okay, but seriously, the one benefit to the heat: You're just not eager to eat. I got up and ate breakfast around 10 a.m. Then didn't eat again until 7 p.m. Just couldn't stomach it until then. The kicker is that the apartments here retain heat really well. So it's 62 degrees outside but it's still sweltering in our apartment, despite fans running all day and night.
Unfortunately, I have trouble sleeping in the heat. So bad sleep last night. And not enough, at that. Which is why I didn't take a walk today. Didn't want to set myself back. But tomorrow, I'm determined to get out and do at least a light walk. Even if it's supposed to still be sunny & hot. Thank goodness for sunscreen!
Calories tonight are under 1500. About 1465. It's too hot to cook and too hot to want to eat my microwave meals. Still, I ate relatively healthily: Cereal, Fiber One bar (if you can find these on sale, the apple streusel one is TASTY!), a PBJ, a banana, a cup of Jello Pudding, some grapes and a Luna Bar. Probably should cut down on the bars a bit -- they have a tad more sugar than I'd like them to. But they're good for quick noshes.
I know Green Panda said she does some meal replacements. They are amazingly quick & easy, which is a huge bonus for people. (When my fatigue was at its worst and I could barely leave the house, I lived on 2 slimfast shakes a day so that I only had to make one meal a day.) Have either of you tried the GNC whey protein replacements? Tim and I did, and I'm considering getting another bag. It's great because you don't even have to mix with milk. Just blend (or shake) with cold water. It tastes like slightly diluted chocolate milk. Not bad at all and lots of protein! You definitely want to wait for a sale or coupon if possible -- I think we did a Buy One, Get One Half Off -- since the 1 lb packets are $15.99. Of course, that's also 14 drinks so...
Anyway just an idea. What kind of tricks have you guys found to keep yourselves eating healthily? Other than frozen meals, I really don't eat veggies, so that's something I should focus on. I don't dislike them. I just don't actively like them either...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.